Monday, 11 August 2014

Black & Gold Easel Card

I'm here with another CAS creation, with a color combo that I wanted to do for a very long time.

I love CAS cards. So when I saw Keisha's card here, I wanted to make one based on her card. Here is her card:


. Black is one of my favorites... I've always admired the combination of black and gold colors. What could be more fitting than a Christmas card with golden ornaments!! Also, I've been wanting to try easel cards for a very long time. So here is my card.


The ornament is a stamp from Joanna Sheen's "Make A Wish" set and the sentiment is from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps "Christmas Penguins Clear Stamp Set "(Couldn't find the link now). I stamped them using grey ink (I didn't have white ink pad) and used my gold color glitter gel pen on it. It took me some time to re-trace the stamped image with glitter pen, but I feel it was worth the effort. Gold on black is a lovely color combination!!


I recently bought a Martha Stewart Snowflake punch and was waiting to use it. So here it is :) Colored it with golden glitter pen.


Closer look at the ornaments.

I'm still learning the art of stamping and in each new card, I would say I'm getting atleast a little bit better than the previous one. I'm glad about it and still looking forward to more learning experiences :)

Do share your thoughts and comments on the card. I love reading them.

Submitting this to:






40 comments:

  1. Gold on black is indeed an awesome combination but so difficult to photograph isnt it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is!! never can v capture it perfectly!!

      Delete
  2. Hello Berina! Your card is beautiful, love the gold touches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks grand and breautiful Berina :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely example of CAS, and perfect for our fancy folds challenge

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Classy and very elegantly made card, as always these are super colours..xxx ♥aNNie

    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Love the cold on the black.
    Thanks for joining our Inspired by a Song, Book or Movie Challenge at Love to Create.

    Kitty
    LTC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic card you have made that fits in well with the Bearly Mine Challenge this month of “Anything goes”. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team Leader)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous gold ornaments! Thanks for playing along with our GOLD challenge at ATCAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely...I love the gold images on a black background. Thanks for blessing us with your wonderful entree at our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday...Please join us again in our new Challenge starting today. Want to share this verse with you from Psalm 147:11. "The LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love." God bless!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I love the gold ornaments on your card. :-) Thanks for joining us at CASE Study.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely holiday card! Thank you for joining our "Inspired by a Song, Book or Movie" Challenge this week at Love to Create.
    Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your golden ornaments are stunning against the black background! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just popped by to admire your creation and thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty it is. Awesome color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous card, do love the black and gold together..Thank you for joining us at Bearly-Mine and hoping you would like to join us again soon. Good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy x DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Berina, thanks re the getting to know you blog hop but No thanks my friend, I have had to turn this down many times as I really just don't have the time...thanks for asking me anyway. In regards to the cameo you need a special download which is around $75 UD but now I can import svg, jpeg, png files etc...it is well worth it and I do most of my 'work' on the cameo....print and cut instead of fussy cutting, you can colour but I prefer to do that manually, and the cut files are cheap....I have two cricut machines but seldom use them now I have the cricut but wouldn't sell them as I love what I do have on the cartridges, just the cameo does more....hope this helps.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the reply Annie :) I perfectly understand about the time issue.. and thank you so much for the info on the cameo..

      Delete
  19. Elegant card Berina.. i too love this colour combo.. classic isnt it?! Was so glad to read ur comment.. wil surely love to join in.. :) me n kiddo doing grt.. how abt u and ur lil angel.. must b crawling all over the place now?? My mail id is shalu.feb85@gmail.com.. wil b happy to PM you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you EsVee... will mail you :)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your comments. Your comments mean a lot to me. If you like my posts, please follow my blog. Thank you.