Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Teal Butterfly

Hello everyone!! Today I'm sharing some inspiration using Inspired By Stamping digital images. First, let me show you my card:


I wanted to show you how easy and quick it is to make cards with these digital images. I started by printing the digital image on my watercolor paper. I decided to watercolor the butterfly with Distress Ink Peacock Feathers. I have an inkjet printer and the ink is not suitable for watercoloring. So I had to be very careful not to go over the printed image. As always, I smooshed my Peacock Feathers ink pad on to the acrylic block and used wet on wet technique. I wet a segment of the wings with water and applied the teal color with my wet brush. One little trick I like to do is, when I wet the paper first, instead of using plain water, I used a watery mix of the teal color. That way, you have a light color wash already in place. So when you add more color to the already wet paper, it creates a beautiful gradient. Here's my colored butterfly. Trim it to 4" x 5.5".


Now, I took the Peacock Feathers ink pad and inked both the left and right edges of a top folding A2 card base with it.


Then I adhered the watercolored panel on to the card base, leaving a 1/8" border on the left and right, so that the inked edges are visible.


That's it! This is a quick and simple way to make cards. Please make sure to see all the beautiful digital images that are available in the Inspired By Stamping Store. You can see them by clicking here. Also, when you subscribe to the Inspired By Stamping newsletter, you will receive a beautiful digital card front every other Saturday, which will be available for free for sometime for the subscribers. Later, it will be available for purchase in the shop.

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you liked this card. Please leave your thoughts and comments.  Hope you have a great day!


Submitting this to:

12 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

The butterfly looks strikingly beautiful !!!

Cheers
Dr Sonia

aussie aNNie said...

Exquisite card Berina and the colour is my kind. Thanks for asking about my health I am slowly recovering but has taken the goodness out of me, but I don't like to dwell on being sick...move on I say.xxx [aNNie]

Mrs A. said...

Oh my gosh that is such an absolutely brilliant idea to first lay down a coloured water wash. I will certainly be using this. Can I ask what gsm water colour card you use in your printer please? . My printer won't take anything thicker than 150 gsm.
Now your card looks so elegant and the resulting shading with the water colouring is beautiful . Thank you for fluttering into the butterfly garden for my Vertical challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

Berina RGA said...

Thank you so much Mrs. A. My water color card stock is 192 gsm.

cotnob said...

A stunning card, such a beautiful butterfly and pretty colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Chark said...

thanks for entering it at a2z Scrapbooking, love the colors!https://a2zscrapbookingblog.com/2017/10/01/a2z-scrapbooking-october-2017-challenge/

Melissa L. said...

This is lovely, Berina. Thanks for playing along at HLS Watercolor Challenge for October.

Arlene said...

I know how hard it is to watercolor an image printed on an inkjet. My hat is off to you. I like your trick of using a bit of the ink when you first put water to paper too. Beautiful card and the sentiment is perfect. SO glad you joined us at A2Z Scrapbooking.

Cindy C. said...

Stunning!! What a wonderful job you did watercoloring the printed image. Thanks for linking up to our Watercolor challenge at a2z.

Macimbalo said...

Gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for linking up at a2z's Oct Challenge!

Leslie said...

Absolutely stunning! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the a2z Scrapbooking Blog's October "Watercolor" challenge!
Hugs,
Leslie, a2z DT
Love To Scrap 2
Love To Scrap!

Jacobi Creations said...

Love your work, plus the sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at a2z in our challenge.