Sunday, February 24, 2019

Thanks with Roses

Hello everyone!! I recently colored some floral images and finally got around to making cards with them. Here's one that I made with Gina K Designs - A Year Of Flowers stamp set.


I stamped the rose from the stamp set and created the corner arrangement by masking. I stamped the flowers on white card stock with Brutus Monroe Sugar Cone ink. Then I colored them with copics. I used a new to me color combo for the flowers - R17, R22 and R20. I really like the coral color.


 Then I fussy cut the arrangement and colored the edges with the corresponding colors. I love this scissors from Brutus Monroe, for fussy cutting. Currently, you can get it free (while supplies last) with any shippable order at Brutus Monroe. I stamped and embossed the sentiment "thanks" from the Winnie and Walter - The Big, The Bold and You stamp set with Brutus Monroe Gilded embossing powder on BM Raven card stock. Then I adhered the floral cut out on the black card stock with BM Glue


I also decided to decorate the inside of the card with the same rose flower and leaf stamps. I used the BM Stargazer ink for the flower and Cabbage ink for the leaves.


How do you like this card today? Please do let me know in the comments below. Thank you for stopping by. Have a great day.

Submitting this to:




12 comments:

Glennis F said...

Beautiful!

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Berina, very elegant.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Judy Inukai said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love the color combo on the roses. They are really striking against the black background. What colors did you use for the leaves?

Berina RGA said...

Hi Judy, I used G99, YG67, YG63, YG61 and YG03 for the leaves.

Darnell said...

This is really breathtaking, Berina, and your coloring is sensational! Your roses really pop against the black card and I love that you also stamped it inside. The gold-embossed sediment is perfect! Hugs, Darnell

Linby said...

Just beautiful! Love your colouring and the stamp inside too.
Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.
Lynn x
DT

Melanie said...

Wonderful card! Thank you for working with my illustrations :) <3

Karen Hightower said...

Beautiful card! Love the roses and the elegant look of your card! :) Thank you for joining in the Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix Challenge! <3

Gail said...

So lovely - like it when I have great scissors to fussy cut - thank you for dropping your card off at Mod Squad

brenda said...

A delightful floral creation for our theme at Allsorts and Penny Black and More challenges Berina, many thanks for sharing your creativity with us. My apologies I don't get by too often, still recovering and rarely get beyond blog visits.

B x

Leanne Harris said...

A lovely floral creation, I love how the black background really makes those flowers pop off the card. Many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More this month xxx

Julie Koerber said...

Absolutely stunning Berina! LOVE that dramatic black backdrop!