Sunday, February 16, 2020

Valentine Box

Hello everyone!! I am sharing this Valentine's box that I made for my daughter on the Craftwell blog. I do have some pictures I took along the way as well. My daughter loved how it turned out - she loves butterflies :)


I started with an empty cereal box. I cut out 3 of the flaps at the top (2 tiny ones and 1 large one).


I measured the width of the box and cut that from one of the sides. My goal was to make a box with a close-able flap, which I planned to use velcro for.


I covered the entire box with a red foil gift wrap, which I got from Dollar Tree.


I die cut some butterflies on gold mirror card stock using the Crafter's Companion - Chic Butterflies set. I die cut my daughter's name - Amelia - on the same gold mirror cardstock, but this time I lined it with double sided tape on the back, to make it easier for adhering. I couldn't find my double sided sheet, so used 3 lines of double sided tape ;) The alphabet dies are from Whimsy Stamps. I adhered some velcro fasteners on the flaps. I loved how it turned out. My daughter loved it - she loved all the sparkle and glimmer and she adores butterflies! I love my Cut N Boss - it has really made me fall in love with die cutting.


Please do let me know what you think. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

No comments: