Thursday, October 15, 2020

Light up Balloon

 Hello everyone!! I'm on the Craftwell blog today, with a light-up card. Believe it or not, this is my first light-up card and certainly won't be my last :)


I made this for my Dad's birthday. I started by making the card base. I took an A2 card base and adhered a light blue cardstock panel on to it. I folded the top of  the card base in to half, to make the easel. I die cut the hot air balloon using the Sizzix Hot Air Balloon die, on card stock and vellum, using my Cut N Boss. I slightly colored the vellum with Brutus Monroe inks. I sandwiched the lights in between the cardstock and the vellum balloons and adhered it there and then placed the yellow pieces on the balloon. I die cut a few clouds using the die from the same die set. I adhered the switch part of the light behind one of the clouds. I die cut a banner and wrote 'Happy Birthday' since I couldn't find a stamp that would fit in it. I die cut another banner using another stamp set and wrote 'Dear Appa' - Appa is how I call him and it means Dad in our language Tamil. I adhered this banner with foam tape, on the inside of the card and it will serve as the 'stopper' for the easel. Here's a pic of it with the lights on:

And here's one with it flat, ready for the envelope:

How do you like my card today? Please do let me know. Thank you for stopping by. Have a great day.

No comments: