Monday, December 11, 2023

Vintage Lantern

 Hello everyone! Welcome back to my blog! Today I have a Christmas card with a Christmas lamp. 


I bought this Simon Says Stamp - Antique Lamp a while ago, but didn’t get a chance to use it. I just loved the samples the design team had done with it and wanted to do justice lol! I embossed a piece of blue cardstock with the embossing folder. This folder comes with a set of dies too, which I used to die cut pieces of white cardstock. It cuts out the lamp part of it. I embossed the die cut pieces with the folder again. Then I colored the die cut and embossed pieces with copics. The background blue cardstock which I embossed the entire scene - I blended some darker blue ink from around the edges until I reached the lamp. I also added some dark grey ink around the edges alone. I inked some yellow around where the candle flame is. I swiped my white ink pad gently to get some white on the snow fall. I then adhered the copic colored pieces on top of the embossed image in the background. I used my wink of Stella pen - which I discovered in my stash this week ;) - to add some shimmer to the sow on the lamp. That’s it!

How do you like this card today? Please do let me know. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

No comments: