Saturday, September 16, 2017

Fall Thank You

Hello everyone! I'm here to share a Fall themed card that I made with the freebie from today's Inspired By Stamping newsletter.


I printed the freebie on watercolor card stock (here's a tutorial on how to use digital images for making cards). I colored it by using Distress Inks as watercolors. I used Wild Honey, Crushed Olive, Vintage Photo and Ripe Persimmon. I was a bit scared with this and I made a lot of mistakes, but in the end I was okay with the result. I added the veins with Vintage photo and it looked very odd. So I muted it down by adding more yellow. The thing with Fall leaves is you don't have to color them in a specific way ;) I used a different sentiment than the one in the freebie. I decided to make it a Thank You card. I used the "thank you" stamp from the Inspired By Stamping Sun-Ripened Pear stamp set and stamped it on the water color card stock. I used the same colors of distress inks to color the sentiment panel. I matted everything with brown colored card stock and adhered on to the card base.


I guess that's the beauty of watercolors - it doesn't have to be perfect. Hope this inspires you to try out this new freebie. In case you have not yet signed up, please do so by going to the Inspired By Stamping website. Joanna sends out an inspiration packed newsletter every other week and there's a new lovely freebie with each one. The older freebies are now available for purchase as digital stamps.
Just to remind you, I have a 15% off coupon to Inspired By Stamping  that can be used multiple times. Not valid on previous purchases or sale items.


Thanks everyone, for stopping by. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Submitting this to:

14 comments:

brenda said...

Just beautiful Berina, lovely stamping with those pretty leaves (which would fit in perfectly with our new Allsorts theme).

B x

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooh this is so bright and cheerful. I love fall yellow and orange sooo much
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautiful autumnal card Berina, thank you so much for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge with my theme of Feels like Autumn!

SD pooja said...

Bright n lovely card !

Melissa L. said...

Great card, Berina. I have a hard time getting my printer to take watercolor paper. Maybe I'll try again. Thanks for playing along at HLS WC.

cotnob said...

This is beautiful, gorgeous colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Kathleen said...

Really beautiful images and colours.
Thank you for joining our 'Feels like Autumn' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath x

StirYourCreativity said...

Love the awesome colors.

Mia said...

Beautiful, Berina. I love the colours of the leaves!!!!!!

aussie aNNie said...

Berina, I have downloaded mine and had no idea how to colour these beautiful leaves, thank you for the inspiration...love this.xx [aNNie]

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Autumn leaves -my favourite season
Carol x

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful card! I love the way you leaves turned out!
I'd love for you to link this up to the Cropstop blog where anything goes as long as you use some products from companies they carry in the store. (You did!)
You can check it out here: www.cropstop.com/blog/cards/september-challenge-link-party-32

Esther Asbury said...

Thanks for linking this up to Cropstop!

Helen Gullett said...

Such a gorgeous card!