Hello everyone! It's been quite a while since I created something for a challenge. So when I saw the Winnie & Walter 4th birthday Challenges, I decided to take a plunge. Here's the first card I made:
I decided to make my own turn-about stamping pattern. I had seen a video by Allison Cope for Power Poppy Stamps, where she explained how to make them. I decided to use a 5"x5" square grid to build my pattern. The grid helps in placing the stamps without overlapping the entire pattern. To understand how it works, please see Ally's video here. I used the tiny leaves and flowers from the In Bloom: Hollie's Festive Florals stamp set. This is how my pattern looks with just 1 stamping.
And here it is after 4 turn-about stamping
I used 2 different inks to stamp the pattern - Hero Arts Ultra Pink and Raspberry Jam. After stamping 4 times, I trimmed the panel to 3 3/4" x 5". I gold embossed the sentiment from The Big, the Bold and You stamp set. I colored the edges of an A2 card base with Raspberry Jam and adhered the stamped panel on to it. I then added 4 drops of Nuvo drops in Pale gold.
I hope you like this technique and my card. Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great day.
Submitting this to:
- Winnie & Walter - 4th Birthday Challenge - Four Challenge with Shay - 4 embellishments
- Winnie & Walter - 4th Birthday Challenge - Inspirations Challenge with Gayatri - I used the colors
- Winnie & Walter - 4th Birthday Bash - Grid Challenge with Keren
- Winnie & Walter - 4th Birthday Bash - Repetitive Stamping with Crystal
- SSS Wednesday - Make your own background
- Stamping Sensation - Anything with flowers
- Word Art Wednesday