Monday, June 22, 2020

Social Distancing Baby Shower

Hello everyone!! I'm on the Craftwell blog today, with the decor I made for a Social Distancing Baby Shower in the parking of our local park.


A few of us decided to throw a surprise baby shower for one of our friends, who's expecting a baby girl. It was low-key because of the corona breakout. We had week to plan and execute it. I made the banner and a star garland for the decoration. Since it was in a parking lot, we hung the banner between 2 cars. For the banner, I got a free printable from one of the websites, printed it and cut it out. I had the golden color alphabets, which I bought sometime back from Micheals. To add a little more interest, I die cut butterflies using the die set from Crafter's Companion on gold mirror card stock and adhered it to each banner flag. I used a golden colored thread to string the banner. For the space between the words, I die cut stars using the die set from Brutus Monroe on the same gold mirror card stock and adhered it in between the words. 


For the star garland, I die cut stars of different sizes from pink cardstock, the banner background print out, gold mirror card stock and gold glitter card stock. I used the fishing line to thread the garland.


Here's how it looked in the parking lot:


I also made this framed piece - my friend shared this idea from Pinterest, in which I wrote all our names (the original plan was to make everyone present to sign their names, but COVID happened!). I die cut the circles for balloons from 3 different colored card stock and adhered them all down on to poster board.


We enjoyed the time with lots of Chlorox sprays and wipes and enjoyed talking with each other from a safe distance! 

How do you like my post today? Please do let me know. Thank you for stopping by, Have a great day!

No comments: