Friday, November 3, 2023

Chickadee Snow Globe

 Hello everyone! Welcome back to my blog. Today I have a Christmas card with shaker snow globe on an easel - oh and there's a chickadee inside the snow globe :)


I recently bought a die set from Momenta that has snow globe dies and a few transparent shaker domes as well. I wanted to use it for this card. I inked the background with Hero Arts Tide Pool ink. I die cut the chickadee using the dies from Honey Bee Stamps - Lovely Layers - Winter birds. The leaves inside the shaker are from the Honey Bee Stamps - Lovely Layers - Peony. I used a mix of different sequin mixes for the shaker. For the berries, I colored white pearls with Copics. The pine boughs are from Elizabeth Craft Design - White Pine Pinecone and Boughs. For the background, I used Altenew - Deck Planks 3D embossing folder.


Here's the easel look. For the stopper on the easel, I used the sentiment die from Crafters Companion - We wish you a merry Christmas. I die cut multiple layers of the sentiment and adhered them together to get the thickness. 


Here's a closer look at the sentiment die cut. The shaker dome adds a nice effect to the shaker snow globe. I spent more time on deciding what to use as a stopper for the easel than making the whole card, lol!

How do you like this card today? Please do let me know. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

1 comment:

aussie aNNie said...

Berina wow this is a gorgeous snow globe... lovely and creative x