Thursday, November 9, 2023

Warm & Cozy Holiday

 Hello everyone! Welcome back to my blog! I have a pink & purple Christmas card for you today.


This card was purely inspired by the Altenew Inspiration Challenge colors. I'm in full speed, making Christmas cards now and when I saw these colors, I wanted to try making Christmas cards with this scheme. 


I mostly lean towards traditional colors for Christmas cards, so this was a new challenge for me. But now I do have a few more ideas to try - wait and see ;) I ink blend the background with pink and purple inks - Hero Arts: Orchid, Ultra Pink and Passion Flower. Then I embossed the panel with Altenew - Geo Diamonds 3D embossing folder after spraying water on the back of the panel. Look how crisp the embossing is. Then I die cut some snowflakes on white card stock and vellum using the Altenew - Layered Snowflakes 2 die set. I layered vellum snowflakes on top of white snowflakes and adhered them on to the panel. I used the same 3 inks to stamp the sentiment little by little on a white card stock. The sentiment is from Altenew - Winter Crocus stamp set. I added a few gems for finishing touch. The vellum is not very visible in the pictures, but you can see it if you look long enough lol!

How do you like this card? Do let me know. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!


1 comment:

Angy said...

Beautiful ink blending, I did find the vellum and love the embossing!