Sunday, October 15, 2023

Acanthus Birthday

 Hello everyone! Welcome back to my blog. Today I have 2 cards that I made with the same set of supplies and theme.


I used the Altenew - CYL Floral Acanthus set to make both of these cards. I've been wanting to try to die cut the pieces using the die set from the CYL set and emboss the die cut pieces with the 3D embossing folder from the set. The embossing folder does not coordinate with the die set or stamp set directly, but with a few hacks, I was able to do that. I started by die cutting the pieces on white cardstock. Then I put the individual pieces on the embossing folder, aligned it as needed, spritzed some water and embossed it. 

I had to trim off the excess from the embossed images, since the die cuts were a bit larger than the embossing. After trimming them to size, I used the stencil with a few different inks, namely Brutus Monroe - Jack O Lantern, Stargazer, Rouge, Memento - Morocco to blend in some colors to match the theme from the current Altenew Inspiration Challenge.


Now I have a bunch of pieces that I needed to assemble. All the pieces wouldn't fit on 1 card, so I decided to make 2. I also had a few extra die cuts that were not embossed. I colored them too, with inks. I wanted to use black, as I thought it would be nice to have these bright colors on a black background.


I just love these colors. For the sentiment, I used this stamp from Inspired By Stamping. 


So here are both cards, using the same set of supplies and color themes. How do you like it? Do let me know. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Hannelie said...

One of my favorite Altenew sets! I think it was a perfect choice to capture the inspiration photo. Thanks for playing along!