Saturday, October 14, 2023

Pinecone Wreath Ornament

 Hello everyone! Welcome back to my blog. Today I have Christmas card to share with you!

A week or so back, I took out some of my supplies (stamps and dies) that I haven't used at all or haven't used in a long time and put it on my craft table, hoping to get some inspiration to use them. I love this Hero Arts - Pinecone Wreath stamp, but I wasn't really sure how to use it. I had a few die cuts of the outer ornament part of the Hero Arts - Snowflake Ornament die cut lying around on my table. Deeing that, I thought of making an ornament with this wreath stamped in the center. Initially, I wanted to do a no-line coloring with Copics and stamped the image with Fadeout ink. Then I thought it would be better to use the leaves as is without coloring, so I stamped the image again with Memento green ink. Now the pine cones are also green, but I was able to color on top of it with Copics. I used brown shades to colors the pine cones. Then I ink blended the edges with the same green ink. The sentiment is from an Inspired By Stamping - Poinsettia stamp set, which I heat embossed in gold. For the background, I used Altenew - Deck Planks 3D Embossing Folder. I die cut an ivy vine from Spellbinders - Susan's garden die set. 

How do you like my card today? Please do let me know in the comments below. Thank you for stopping by. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Karen Letchworth said...

This is such a beautiful card, Berina. I love the rich colors. Thank you for being such a faithful participant at Word Art Wednesday and for sharing your amazing art with us. Please always know how much I appreciate you.