Monday, September 7, 2020

Elegant Christmas

Hello everyone!! I shared this card on the Scrapbookpal blog this weekend. I have made a elegant Christmas card to share with you today. It's September already, and I'm still trying to finalize my design for the Christmas card that I will send out to my family who are in different parts of the world and I need to mail out those cards before Thanksgiving! Whew! No pressure!


I've been a fan of Spellbinders - Amazing Paper Grace dies for a long time. The elegant look of those swirls and twirls never cease to amaze me. I decided to use one of my favorite card creator dies for this card. It's not a Christmas die, but I decided it would give an elegant look on the ivory card base that I have chosen. I die cut the Cascading Grace die on gold foil card stock. Now if this isn't elegant, I don't know what is!

Next, let's get to the sparkling poinsettia on the left corner. I think all Christmas cards should have poinsettia - I'm a big fan of poinsettias! I love this Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia dies to make my paper poinsettias. For this card, I used the 3 smaller layers to make this smaller poinsettia. I die cut 2 layers on red glitterstock and 1 layer (the largest layer) on green glitterstock. I used liquid glue to adhere the layers together.

Now comes the sentiment - I decided to go with Spellbinders - Amazing Paper Grace again. I used the 'Merry Christmas' sentiment die from the Holly Jolly Christmas die set on the same gold foil card stock. I also used the tiny holly leaves dies from the same die set to cut a few green glitterstock hollies. 

Now comes the fun part - putting all of them together. I trimmed a 5" x 7" card base slightly, so that it measured 4 3/4" x 6 3/4". This looked better with the Cascading Grace die cut.

I adhered all the pieces using liquid glue with a fine tip. I added a few red gems to the holly leaves to represent a few berries and a single yellow gem on the center of the poinsettia. Here's a look at the completed card:

What do you think? I think this is pretty easy to make in multiples and elegant as well - do you agree? Please let me know your thoughts and comments!

Thank you for stopping by today. Have a great day!

No comments: