Tuesday, March 28, 2023

GIU Day 2 - Wonderful Flowers

 Hello everyone! Welcome back to my blog. Today is Day 2 of my Growing in Unity Week. Today I have a mini slim line floral card for you using Linen Flowers stamp set.

I wanted to make this card in mini slim line style. I stamped the floral image with Ink on 3 - Fade Out ink for no-line coloring and colored it with Copic markers (I used R24, R22 and R20 for red, G99, YG67, YG3, YG61 and YG03 for green). This image reminds me of embroidered flowers on frocks from my childhood. I stamped the sentiment over the flowers. I did not have a matching color card stock for matting. So I colored the edges of the card base with R22 (middle color I used) to match with the flowers. For pearls, I took some white pearls and colored them with R24 (darkest color I used) to match perfectly!

How do you like this card? Let me know in the comments. Unity Stamps has generously offered $20 gift credit to 2 people who comment on my GIU posts. You have until Sunday night to comment on all my GIU posts. I will pick 2 random winners on Monday.

Thank you for stopping by today. Please do visit me tomorrow to see a new project with Unity Stamps. Hope you have a great day.

16 comments:

Wilma DeG said...

What a gorgeous card! You do such such beautiful work.

Marla Gygax said...

Stunning, I love the color choices, makes it so happy

Denise Bryant said...

Love the colors for these beautiful flowers! Gorgeous card!

Unknown said...

Brilliant idea to use markers to coordinate embellishment colors! Putting that in my memory bank. Lovely card. --Chris Shuman

alo said...

Beautiful card!! Love your coloring!

Amy Williams said...

This is so pretty. I love the colors you chose for your no-line coloring. And coloring your own matting layer and pearls was perfect!

Glennis F said...

A lovely card, and beautiful colouring

Linda said...

Love the colors!! I am trying to do more slimline cards! Thanks for the inspiration!

Cat Valdez said...

Nice coloring! Lovely card.

stamping sue said...

Pretty card.
stamping sue

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

Just gorgeous! Love the slimline design.

Kathy Dippner said...

Beautiful card! I love your no line coloring.

Vannessa Osbourn said...

Such a lovely slimline card! Love that you Copic colored the cardstock to match the flowers. I'll need to try that sometime!

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous slimline card. You colour so pretty. Hugz

Becca Yahrling said...

Awesome coloring of this beauty!!

julia Bergstrasser said...

Do you want to own a business of your own? Or own a house of your choice?
Pedro Jerome loan offer 2% rate with a flexible loan repayment to suit individual and entitle loans internationally, My loan was granted with a click of an eye when I applied for $800,000.00 for expanding my clothing business, so I will advise anyone here looking for a financial help to contact pedroloanss@gmail.com.